This evening i woke up early due to many reasons. Why did Mara insists on having an account based on CIMB system when majority of the students have already owned a BSN account? So i went to the bank this evening to open up a new account and for the first time ever, i really did feel the advantages of living in this far far away land. There's no need for me to line-up, no need to wait for your numbers to be called after hours of waiting and the people, fuhh....terbaek laa. Since there were not a lot of customers in the room, everyone was treated like the way things should be. It is the officer who seek for the customer when things should happen otherwise in most places. I recalled when i did my new ID card here. I entered the room and click on a button to get the waiting number. It was 0001. And at that time i just realized that i'm the only person in the room with four officers there standing for me to pick on which table should i sit. Back to the story, well, it was all a contradict when i took a peek outside of the internal bank room. A lot of people were standing there, waiting to withdraw cash from the machine. One question, have you ever see people smiling when they were about to withdraw cash from a bank? Because i haven't. No one will go to the ATM machine smiling, looking at everyone else with an excited mood and just act cool with the money that he just withdrew. In my observation, they (should i say 'we'?) will do these following steps every time we are to withdraw money :
0. You'll look around to ensure that no foreign Bangladeshi or Indonesians are around the bank walkabout.
1. You'll walk to the ATM machine in a Mission Impossible style of walking.
2. Looking around like everyone around you are thieves, trying to see advantages to snap your cash.
3. Be as close as you can to the screen to avoid everyone else from looking at your pin code though they can never see the screen anyway.
4. Once you've withdrew your money, you'll walk in a fast pace, trying to find the best place to keep your money in your wallet.
5. And above all, you'll never smile...
I then returned to my home after all of those works and took a damn-good nap.